CIP Black Belt
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: November 12, 2021
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what
you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people,
your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the
global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond
opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working
together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the
world better for everyone!
This role involves facilitating continuous improvement
implementation and employee involvement at the business level.
Accountable for teaching/coaching Lean enterprise methods and
integrating with the business to form and execute business
improvement plans that deliver tangible benefits to business
performance. This role will contribute to build a people-first
culture that delivers significant business results.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Be the facility lead practitioner, coach, teacher, trainer and
consultant in developing, supporting and leading CI culture within
the site they reside, and across Flowserve as required.
- Facilitates CI actions and employee involvement teams
throughout the platform / site and across all functional areas, in
the pursuit of sustained beneficial change.
- Implements a train-the-trainer approach and rapid, sustained
implementation through learn by doing methods.
- Facilitates improvement implementation through: employee teams,
CI events, team improvement projects, LEAN Enterprise training
- Provides local leadership, coaching, and training in LEAN
thinking, processes and production.
- Co-creates, sustains, revises and measures progress on the
Business Area CI Plan that contributes to the future state.
- Focuses teams on CI, by involving people in meeting
productivity and site / platform objectives.
- Identifies opportunities to implement common processes and best
practices from other facilities within Platforms and across
Flowserve. Disseminate and act upon relevant industry and corporate
bench marking data.
- In unison with the Plant Manager and Plant Controller, ensure
that benefits related to CI initiatives are calculated according to
corporate standards and are ultimately achieved within the targeted
- Assures that planned improvements are implemented, measured,
driven to closure and crossed to operating results.
- Bachelor’s degree with indentured apprenticeship/equivalent or
- 5+ years+ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma Black Belt Green Belt, or LEAN Certified
- Previous management experience is required
- 7 Quality Tool Practitioner (fishbone, 5 Why’s/ Ishikawa,
Histograms, Control Charts, Pareto Analysis, Scatter Diagrams and
- Ability to work with/across all functional areas and all levels
of the business
- Excellent oral, written and facilitation communication
- Highly Proficient in the use of MS Office tools. (Excel and
PowerPoint in particular)
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Industry or Business experience where LEAN or Operational
Excellence is core to the business
- Demonstrated Change Management Experience
- Strong Facilitation Experience; Instructional Design is a
Primary Posting Location: Vernon, California
Job Advertising Title: CIP Black Belt
Job Posting Category: Logistics
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 53269BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Compton , CIP Black Belt, Other , Compton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!