Assistant Manager - Compton, CA
Company: Goodyear - US English
Posted on: September 9, 2021
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader
with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across
the United States. We have the unique ability to service the
largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly
hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission
statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial
Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which
makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable
services and powerful management tools to help you lower your
operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for
commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As the Assistant Manager you will be
responsible for partnering with the Center Manager to effectively
run the center. This will include working to maximize sales and
minimize costs working towards AOP goals, motivate associates to
achieve a high standard of customer service in order to grow sales
and profitability, assist with the resolution of complaints,
staffing, customer service, and safety, assume lead role when
manager is out, and engage in career training and development
efforts. You will also be responsible for developing,
merchandising, billing, creating invoices, controlling assets, and
promotion of products and services. We encourage you to allow
us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply
Responsibilities will include, but not
be limited to:
- Assist the Center Manager in the management of the
- Direct the activities of the store in the absence of the
center manager. This will include managing associates in
an effective manner to attain sales results in achieving
profit objectives by increasing sales and market
- Assist the Center Manager with hiring, training, and managing
- Assist the sales and service departments.
- Operate the center in the absence of the center
manager. This will include compliance with company
standards in operating procedures, policies, and protection of
assets including but not limited to inventory, accounts receivable,
trucks, and equipment.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Provide "Service Excellence, Always" to meet the
sales and service goals of the location and needs of
- Communicate specific work assignments and responsibilities
- Assist the Center Manager in ensuring proper staffing levels
with qualified personnel.
- Assist with managing safety, health, and environmental
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time,
which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial
tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Ability to relocate based on the needs of the business and
personal development for the role.
- One year of previous management
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in related field.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced
environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and
willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to
attend appropriate training sessions.
Keywords: Goodyear - US English, Compton , Assistant Manager - Compton, CA, Other , Compton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!